Positions currently available:
Head of IT
Location: Watertown, Boston, MA (US)
EditShare , an award-winning software company focused on efficiency and collaboration in video and film production, is seeking a highly-talented and self-starting individual to manage IT needs at our Watertown, Massachusetts headquarters. We are looking for a person who has ample previous IT experience, who has done extensive hands-on work with Linux, and who can hit the ground running in a heterogenous Linux/Mac/Windows environment. This is a position for a doer, as for the most part you will be a one-person IT department - at least for the moment.
EditShare has been in business for over 15 years, but much of our IT infrastructure is aging and creaky - at a time when we are growing rapidly. If you love working in a relatively small environment on a wide variety of problems with lots of high-performance network and computing equipment, this could be the job for you.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Managing office IT infrastructure, including firewall, routers, switches, a PBX system, hardware and software phones, employee workstations and laptops, VPNs across multiple offices, etc. - replacing and upgrading systems where needed
- Implementing a company-wide single sign on system that plays well with Linux, Mac and Windows servers and workstations, as well as with various web-based services
- Handling the IT aspects of onboarding and offboarding
- Enforcing good password hygiene practices
- Managing software licenses for office productivity software
- Providing occasional training on the operation of particular software tools (such as Expensify)
- Managing and monitoring software development resources including a large virtual machine infrastructure, numerous physical servers and file stores, as well as cloud resources such as bug trackers, software repositories, etc.
- Migrating on-premise services to the cloud where practical and desirable
- Ensuring that all critical systems are functioning 24/7, that data and VMs are backed up regularly, and that disaster recovery plans are tested periodically.
- Implementing best practices for protection of sensitive information
- Monitoring for - and responding to - any outside intrusion
- Meticulously documenting everything you do, so we don't need to call you when you're on vacation
- Automating deployment of key systems -- using tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc, -- so they can be recreated with minimal effort
To learn more about EditShare, please visit our website at www.editshare.com
EditShare is a technology leader in networked shared storage and tapeless, end-to-end workflow solutions for the post-production, TV and film industries. Our groundbreaking products improve efficiency and workflow collaboration every step of the way. They include high-performance scale-out EFS central shared storage, Flow media asset management and workflow automation tools, Ark backup and archiving, Geevs video capture and playout, QScan automated quality control software, and Lightworks - the world's first three-platform (Windows/OS X/Linux) professional non-linear video editing application.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers