Positions currently available:
Location: Basingstoke, UK
Reports to: Video Group Technical Director
EditShare creates workflow solutions for customers who work with Digital Media including the Film and Television industries. Our products include ultra fast shared storage, tape and disk based media backup and restore systems, digital asset management, media ingest and playout, and non-linear editing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Designing, developing, testing, deployment and maintenance to improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, ensuing that deadlines and deliverables are achieved.
- Creation of high-quality technical documentation.
Within your working day you will be using best practice to review and create software solutions by solving challenging and interesting problems.
Education & Experience
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS.
- Communicating online with team members and management who are located remotely.
- Understanding of best practices for web development and software design.
- A customer focused approach to product quality.
- Ability to work on tasks independently yet also work within a small team environment.
- A drive to take the initiative in identifying problems and finding solutions, learning new skills, making things more efficient.
- Experience creating REST APIs with Node.js and Express.js
- Experience with HTML5 audio and video.
- Electron cross platform applications.
- LAMP stack
As well as a competitive basic salary you’ll receive:
- 20 days holiday rising by one day a year up to the maximum of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Healthcare cover
- Free parking
- Town centre location
EditShare is a leading developer of networked shared storage and tapeless end-to-end workflow solutions for the television and film industry. Our products include video capture and playout servers, high-performance central shared storage, archiving and backup software, database-backed media asset management, and even the world's first 3-platform (Windows/OS X/Linux) professional non-linear video editing application.
EditShare was founded in Boston in 2004. The principals all came from television and film production themselves and started the company with the idea that serious workflow improvements were needed in the industry. Today, EditShare has nearly 3500 customers worldwide, ranging from major broadcasters such as ION Networks in the USA and ITV in the UK; to high-end production companies such as PS 260, Atlas Media, and Sharp Entertainment in New York; and to the Oprah Winfrey Channel and Carson Daly in Los Angeles. We have installations at over 500 colleges and universities around the world. We are at cable television stations and corporate video departments large and small.
The spirit at EditShare is very much that of a rising technology powerhouse challenging the traditional players in the industry. We produce 5 product lines with a relatively modest number of developers. Everybody's opinion is valued and counts here. There are unlimited opportunities to have your good ideas incorporated into our products. Our release cycle is measured in months, not years.