Positions currently available:
Location: Basingstoke, UK
Reports to: Video Group Technical Director
EditShare creates workflow solutions for customers who work with Digital Media including the Film and Television industries. Our products include ultra fast shared storage, tape and disk based media backup and restore systems, digital asset management, media ingest and playout, and non-linear editing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Designing, developing, testing, deployment and maintenance to improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, ensuing that deadlines and deliverables are achieved.
- Creation of high-quality technical documentation.
Within your working day you will be using best practice to review and create software solutions by solving challenging and interesting problems.
Education & Experience
- 4+ years previous experience in web development.
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS.
- Communicating online with team members and management who are located remotely.
- Understanding of best practices for web development and software design.
- A customer focused approach to product quality.
- Ability to work on tasks independently yet also work within a small team environment.
- A drive to take the initiative in identifying problems and finding solutions, learning new skills, making things more efficient.
- Experience creating REST APIs with Node.js and Express.js
- Experience with HTML5 audio and video.
- Electron cross platform applications.
As well as a competitive basic salary you’ll receive:
- 20 days holiday rising by one day a year up to the maximum of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Healthcare cover
- On-site parking
- Town centre location (Basingstoke)
- Join colleagues for a game of table tennis (Basingstoke office)
EditShare is a technology leader in networked shared storage and tapeless, end-to-end workflow solutions for the post-production, TV and film industries. Our groundbreaking products improve efficiency and workflow collaboration every step of the way. They include high-performance scale-out EFS central shared storage, Flow media asset management and workflow automation tools, Ark backup and archiving, Geevs video capture and playout, QScan automated quality control software, and Lightworks - the world's first three-platform (Windows/OS X/Linux) professional non-linear video editing application.