Positions currently available:
Linux Application Developer
Location: Watertown, MA, (US)
Why We Exist and What We Do:
EditShare exists to simplify storytelling. We enable media professionals to collaborate on projects thanks to our ever-expanding range of innovative products and features, all designed to improve production and unleash creativity. Integration and collaboration are central to all products in our comprehensive range of media management solutions - from ingest to archive.
Why We Need You:
EditShare is seeking a highly talented developer eager to work on GNU/Linux-based video workow products in our Boston office. Technologies in our products span the entire computing stack, from low-level kernel modules and optimizations, to high-performance distributed storage and network applications, to user-facing cross-platform and web-based client applications. We even run and support our own GNU/Linux distribution!
If you love working on a wide variety of technologies with a small team of motivated engineers, then this may be the job for you.
Problems You’ll Solve:
- Create RESTful endpoints to support a common API for customers’ programmatic clients, our test harnesses, and our emerging Web client.
- Implement a single sign on (SSO) design for our network storage clients.
- Implement a replacement for our dated high availability architecture.
- Pioneer a public cloud based media storage product.
What We’re Looking For:
- Python and either C or C++—our principle programming languages.
- GNU/Linux—our primary platform.
- Experience with client/server applications—all of our applications are distributed over the network between clients on workstations and high-performance servers.
- MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, or other open-source databases.
- Qt, GTK+, or another open-source GUI toolkit.
- Debian packaging.
- Video editing applications such as Avid and Final Cut Pro.
- Video codecs and wrappers like MXF and QuickTime.
How We Work:
At EditShare, our culture is driven by a shared respect for our customers, our people and our products. We are passionate about our Core Values and believe they empower us to innovate and solve complex problems. We expect all employees to own culture and live by the values.
- Customer Empathy: We listen first. We believe this allows us to understand the context of the story and respond rapidly with innovative solutions
- Humility: We recognize that we are stronger as the sum of our parts and respect the value of each individual contribution. We have the courage to do the hard work and learn along the way
- Dig Deep: We have the curiosity to ask questions until we understand and the integrity to follow through on hard discussions.
- All Around Players: We are all willing and able to step in and play any position. We all own the problem and are willing to quarterback a solution.
- Win Together: We are happy when our customers and our teams succeed. We practice honest communication and respectfully work together to solve complex problems.
EditShare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
EditShare's innovative technology touches every step of television, film, and video production. Our products range from media engineered storage, archive, and video products; to cross-platform desktop applications; to web applications that stretch the limits of HTML 5 in modern browsers. Chances are if you have watched TV or a film in the past week, something you watched was created using an EditShare product.
The spirit at EditShare is that of a high-tech start-up challenging the traditional players in the industry. We believe that one of the best things about EditShare is the people you get to work with. Our rockstar team are a diverse, inclusive group of professionals who work collaboratively. Our development teams are small meaning that everyone’s contribution is important and everyone has a chance to work on ambitious features and demanding problems. Our employees truly care about doing a great job and delivering a high quality customer experience every day. The way our staff meets its challenges makes us what we are and is the reason why EditShare has been such a success since its founding in 2004.
EditShare is looking for full-time Software Developers and Software Development Summer Interns. We offer competitive salaries and a full suite of benefits as well as a well-placed offices globally..