Positions currently available:
Location: Hong Kong, initially working from home
Dependent on Experience
Working as part of a team, providing technical presales and professional services activities to customers in Asia for EditShare’s Video and Broadcast IT related products (see more about EditShare at www.editshare.com).
Provide technical sales support to EditShare’s sales and marketing team – working from home, in one of the EditShare offices, on site or at a trade show - by interacting with targeted customers, prospective customers and reseller partners as a technical specialist to fulfil their requirements and satisfy their needs with EditShare products.
- Performing product demonstrations
- Carrying out on site technical installations when required
- Designing complex workflows for customers, with simple diagrams and “scope of work” documentation in conjunction with the sales team, reseller partners and customers
- Prove that the recommended concepts and designs above are valid and appropriate, using the minimum technical equipment and time necessary to cover the subject and maintain the selling process
- Provide product updates and technical information
- Work with sales and marketing to identify and approach potential sales opportunities
- Assist the tender process
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Degree holder in Electronics / Computer Engineering
- Knowledge of storage, network engineering and (production) MAM
- Well versed in MS Office, TCP/IP, HTML, Linux OS, Windows OS, Mac OS
- Experience with the main NLE, VFX & finishing systems
- Ideally 3 to 5 years of relevant technical experience in audio, video, digital film and broadcast IT
- Preference will be given to a candidate with system design, configuration & installation experience
- Highly desirable is the knowledge of complex content creation and broadcast workflows
Candidate must be willing to travel around the region and operate independently. Being multi-lingual in English, Mandarin & Cantonese is a prerequisite. Other dialects are a bonus.
EditShare is a leading developer of networked shared storage and tapeless end-to-end workflow solutions for the television and film industry. Our products include video capture and playout servers, high-performance central shared storage, archiving and backup software, database-backed media asset management, and even the world's first 3-platform (Windows/OS X/Linux) professional non-linear video editing application.
EditShare was founded in Boston in 2004. The principals all came from television and film production themselves and started the company with the idea that serious workflow improvements were needed in the industry. Today, EditShare has nearly 3500 customers worldwide, ranging from major broadcasters such as ION Networks in the USA and ITV in the UK; to high-end production companies such as PS 260, Atlas Media, and Sharp Entertainment in New York; and to the Oprah Winfrey Channel and Carson Daly in Los Angeles. We have installations at over 500 colleges and universities around the world. We are at cable television stations and corporate video departments large and small.
The spirit at EditShare is very much that of a rising technology powerhouse challenging the traditional players in the industry. We produce 5 product lines with a relatively modest number of developers. Everybody's opinion is valued and counts here. There are unlimited opportunities to have your good ideas incorporated into our products. Our release cycle is measured in months, not years.