Positions currently available:
Linux Application Developer
Location: Watertown, Boston, MA (US) and Warsaw (Poland)
EditShare is seeking a highly-talented developer eager to work on GNU/Linux-based video workflow products in our Watertown office. Technologies in our products span the entire computing stack, from low-level kernel modules and optimizations, to high-performance distributed storage and network applications, to user-facing cross-platform and web-based client applications. We even run and support our own GNU/Linux distribution!
If you love working on a wide variety of technologies with a small team of motivated engineers, then this may be the job for you.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Writing software in Python for managing a Linux based network attached storage appliance
- Writing distributed and client-server networked systems
- Debugging issues at all levels of the stack in a complex environment consisting of hardware, open source software, third-party software, and our own software
- Being involved in the full software lifecycle
- Working with stakeholders on design and understanding user requirements
- Implementing high-quality, robust, maintainable code
- Code review, both responding to review of your own code and reviewing that of your colleagues
- Testing, both writhing automated tests and communicating with QA on manual testing
- Build, packaging, and deployment of code
- Helping to solve problems escalated by tech support
The best candidates might have experience with one or more of the following:
- Shell scripting
- C or C++
- Networked or distributed systems
- System administration
- Installing and configuring Linux servers
- User management, roles, permissions, and ACLs
- Networking configuration
- LDAP, Kerberos, and Active Directory
- Filesystems and network attached storage
- Cross platform development on Linux, macOS, and Windows
- Developing web applications using modern frameworks (such as React, AngularJS, Angular, Ember, etc.)
- An open source gui toolkit (such as Qt or Gtk+)
- Linux packaging (e.g for Debian)
- Reverse engineering and black-box debugging
- Configuration management (such as Ansible, Salt, Puppet, etc)
- Continuous integration
- Automated testing
To learn more about EditShare, please visit our website at www.editshare.com
EditShare is a leading developer of networked shared storage and tapeless end-to-end workflow solutions for the television and film industry. Our products include video capture and playout servers, high-performance central shared storage, archiving and backup software, database-backed media asset management, and even the world's first 3-platform (Windows/OS X/Linux) professional non-linear video editing application.
EditShare was founded in Boston in 2004. The principals all came from television and film production themselves and started the company with the idea that serious workflow improvements were needed in the industry. Today, EditShare has nearly 3500 customers worldwide, ranging from major broadcasters such as ION Networks in the USA and ITV in the UK; to high-end production companies such as PS 260, Atlas Media, and Sharp Entertainment in New York; and to the Oprah Winfrey Channel and Carson Daly in Los Angeles. We have installations at over 500 colleges and universities around the world. We are at cable television stations and corporate video departments large and small.
The spirit at EditShare is very much that of a rising technology powerhouse challenging the traditional players in the industry. We produce 5 product lines with a relatively modest number of developers. Everybody's opinion is valued and counts here. There are unlimited opportunities to have your good ideas incorporated into our products. Our release cycle is measured in months, not years.