Positions currently available:
Quality Assurance Test Engineer
Location: Boston, MA (US)
EditShare is seeking a Quality Assurance Test Engineer for it's Watertown, Massachusetts office.
EditShare creates workflow solutions for customers who work with Digital Media including the Film and Television industries. Our products include ultra fast shared storage, tape and disk based media back-up and restore systems, digital asset management, media ingest and playout, and non-linear editing.
A well qualified candidate would have skills and experience in the areas of video and audio post-production, digital media or networking. The Test Engineer should know their way around Linux, Mac OS and Windows, be adept at troubleshooting technical issues and think in terms of what would best benefit the end user when it comes to product usability. In this role, the Test Engineer would be expected to test EditShare's products in combination with other Video Post Production industry products in order to emulate the user experience and write reports on defects found within our products. When defects are corrected, the Test Engineer would test to ensure that the fixes are adequate. Test Engineers are also expected to carry out workflow testing, write test cases and other tasks as required. Previous experience in Digital Media related Technical Support could be useful.
Desired Skills and ExperienceWhat skills are required for this job?
- Experience using and troubleshooting Mac, Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- A customer focused approach to product quality
- Experience/Knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Video/film broadcast industry
- IT/networking/storage industry
- Software QA automation
- Ability to work on tasks independently yet also work within a small team environment
- A drive to take the initiative in identifying problems and finding solutions, learning new skills, making things more efficient
- Linux system administration or a strong desire to learn
- TCP/IP networking
- Network Attached Shared Storage (NAS) and protocols like AFP and SMB
- Using a “ticket” system for organizing and reporting software defects
- Prior experience in an SQA role
- Working closely with software developers to perfect complex products
- Communicating online with team members and management who are located remotely
- Experience with LTO archive systems
- Experience with Test Automation and Scripting
EditShare is a leading developer of networked shared storage and tapeless end-to-end workflow solutions for the television and film industry. Our products include video capture and playout servers, high-performance central shared storage, archiving and backup software, database-backed media asset management, and even the world's first 3-platform (Windows/OS X/Linux) professional non-linear video editing application.
EditShare was founded in Boston in 2004. The principals all came from television and film production themselves and started the company with the idea that serious workflow improvements were needed in the industry. Today, EditShare has nearly 3500 customers worldwide, ranging from major broadcasters such as ION Networks in the USA and ITV in the UK; to high-end production companies such as PS 260, Atlas Media, and Sharp Entertainment in New York; and to the Oprah Winfrey Channel and Carson Daly in Los Angeles. We have installations at over 500 colleges and universities around the world. We are at cable television stations and corporate video departments large and small.
The spirit at EditShare is very much that of a rising technology powerhouse challenging the traditional players in the industry. We produce 5 product lines with a relatively modest number of developers. Everybody's opinion is valued and counts here. There are unlimited opportunities to have your good ideas incorporated into our products. Our release cycle is measured in months, not years.