Positions currently available:
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Location: Boston, MA or Los Angeles, CA (US)
At EditShare, we have a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building end-to-end workflow solutions for the world’s film, TV, and post-production industries. Our private cloud storage, asset management, video editing, quality control, playout, and archival solutions are used by customers around the globe who rely on our technologies to help them focus on what’s most important: being creative.
The Tier 2 Technical Support Team provides advanced assistance for internal & external users of EditShare’s product range, with duties including escalation support for Tier 1 personnel, assistance in developing documentation & training materials, and working with engineering teams to enhance the product line based on user feedback.
We are seeking a talented, clever, and personable Senior Technical Support Engineer to join our Tier 2 escalations team in Boston or Los Angeles. This person needs to understand our Linux & Windows based software and hardware products inside and out, and help our customers manage complete & reliable media production workflows, while working with our sales & engineering teams to understand the crucial details of each customer’s needs, and implement solutions for those needs.
Skills & Requirements:
This is not your average “tech support” job; this is more like supervising operations at several thousand remote media production facilities. In this job, you will:
- Provide backing support to Tier 1 support staff as they work on incoming cases.
- Provide direct support to customers when more complex cases require escalation.
- Work with engineering staff to triage cases, file & update bug reports, and come up with fixes.
- Assist with training & documentation for both customers & internal staff.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing servers in a System Administrator, DevOps, or similar capacity, as well as experience with media production environments such as television, film, or post production.
Particular skills we’re looking for include experience with, or eagerness to learn, as many as possible of the following:
- Hardware & software RAID storage.
- Video production workflows, including video editors (NLE software such as Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro X, Lightworks, etc), cameras, file formats & codecs, broadcast technology, etc.
- Network management, including switches, routers, TCP/IP configuration & troubleshooting, and managing common network services.
- Programming using scripting languages such as Python, Perl, SQL, Bash, SQL, Git, etc, as well as any experience working with agile software development methodology.
- Database servers such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Directory servers such as Active Directory or LDAP.
- LTO tape archive technology.
- Hardware skills, including both general troubleshooting and hands-on repairs.
- Both cloud-based and hardware server management, including virtualization & containerization technologies.
- Excellent customer service manners by phone and email, including both oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to independently manage and resolve multiple customer cases, but also know when to engage other resources for help.
- Experience doing onsite professional services, deployment of new equipment, or presenting end user training.
- Proficiency with Spanish, Portuguese, or French a huge bonus.
This position will require occasional travel and afterhours work, and will participate in an after hours rotation as backup support to our Tier 1 support team.
EditShare an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have an ongoing commitment to the creation of a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. EditShare recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, height, weight, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At EditShare, we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.
EditShare's innovative technology touches every step of television, film, and video production. Our products range from media engineered storage, archive, and video products; to cross-platform desktop applications; to web applications that stretch the limits of HTML 5 in modern browsers. Chances are if you have watched TV or a film in the past week, something you watched was created using an EditShare product.
The spirit at EditShare is that of a high-tech start-up challenging the traditional players in the industry. We believe that one of the best things about EditShare is the people you get to work with. Our rockstar team are a diverse, inclusive group of professionals who work collaboratively. Our development teams are small meaning that everyone’s contribution is important and everyone has a chance to work on ambitious features and demanding problems. Our employees truly care about doing a great job and delivering a high quality customer experience every day. The way our staff meets its challenges makes us what we are and is the reason why EditShare has been such a success since its founding in 2004.
EditShare is looking for full-time Software Developers and Software Development Summer Interns. We offer competitive salaries and a full suite of benefits as well as a well-placed offices globally..