Positions currently available:
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire, England
EditShare creates workflow solutions for customers who work with Digital Media including the Film and Television industries. Our products include ultra fast shared storage, tape and disk based media backup and restore systems, digital asset management, media ingest and playout, and non-linear editing.
We are currently looking for a technical author to deliver customer documentation for our broadcast hardware and software products, including service documentation, user guides, technical bulletins and product update guides to EditShare publications standards.
In this role you will be collaborating with developers, technical support, marketing and sales staff, working to agreed timescales / release deadlines to ensure the right documentation is available for customers, dealers and re-sellers.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Working with Designers, Product Managers and others to identify the documentation requirements for new projects.
- Working with Design, Technical Support and other departments to create clearly written instructions and descriptions for customer documentation.
- Participate in project reviews and provide reports on the progress of documentation projects.
- Producing the requested user documentation in an easy to understand format to the required house style and agreed timescale.
- Ensuring that existing documentation is up to date, and covers the latest enhancements, modifications and bug-fixes.
- Use the company's Redmine project management system to identify development issues affecting end user documentation.
- Assist the Sales and Marketing departments to produce documentation for trade shows and for training.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Previous experience writing documentation tailored for users, administrators and service personnel.
- Ability to understand and explain complex technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Ensure that the user documentation is produced on time, to a consistent standard and in accordance with the EditShare house style.
- Experience in writing user guides, service manuals, technical bulletins and other related documentation for customers in the broadcast, telecommunications or IT industries.
- A good working knowledge of FrameMaker, and experience with Microsoft Office, Visio and similar applications.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS is an advantage.
- Experience of non-linear editors and post production broadcast systems an advantage.
EditShare is a leading developer of networked shared storage and tapeless end-to-end workflow solutions for the television and film industry. Our products include video capture and playout servers, high-performance central shared storage, archiving and backup software, database-backed media asset management, and even the world's first 3-platform (Windows/OS X/Linux) professional non-linear video editing application.
EditShare was founded in Boston in 2004. The principals all came from television and film production themselves and started the company with the idea that serious workflow improvements were needed in the industry. Today, EditShare has nearly 3500 customers worldwide, ranging from major broadcasters such as ION Networks in the USA and ITV in the UK; to high-end production companies such as PS 260, Atlas Media, and Sharp Entertainment in New York; and to the Oprah Winfrey Channel and Carson Daly in Los Angeles. We have installations at over 500 colleges and universities around the world. We are at cable television stations and corporate video departments large and small.
The spirit at EditShare is very much that of a rising technology powerhouse challenging the traditional players in the industry. We produce 5 product lines with a relatively modest number of developers. Everybody's opinion is valued and counts here. There are unlimited opportunities to have your good ideas incorporated into our products. Our release cycle is measured in months, not years.