Positions currently available:
Technical Support Specialist
Location: L.A., California (US) -- Hours: 10am - 7pm
EditShare makes Linux and Windows-based servers for multimedia production and our customers vary widely within the TV, film, and broadcast industries. We are seeking a talented, clever, and personable Technical Support Specialist to join our team in Los Angeles. In this role, you should be comfortable talking to customers about their media production workflows as well as troubleshooting Mac, Windows and Linux systems to resolve technical problems. There will be many opportunities for you to learn more about the industry and improve your system administration skills.
Skills & RequirementsWhat skills are required for this job?
- Excellent customer service manners by phone and email
- Ability to independently manage and resolve multiple customer cases but also know when to engage other resources for help
- Strong, logical troubleshooting skills
- Substantial experience with Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows systems
- Competency at TCP/IP networking and NAS (SMB, AFP, NFS)
- Linux system administration experience or strong desire to learn
- Competency at multimedia production software (from Avid, Apple, Adobe, and similar)
- Knowledge of professional video and audio concepts (digital video and audio codecs, SDI, AES, timecode, machine control, broadcast automation)
- Experience with MySQL or similar databases
- Experience doing onsite professional services, deployment of new equipment, or presenting end user training (occasional travel may be available)
- Competency at writing or reading shell scripts, Perl, Python, SQL queries, or similar
- Experience adminstering Active Directory, LDAP, or Kerberos
- Experience with LTO archive systems
EditShare's innovative technology touches every step of television, film, and video production. Our products range from media engineered storage, archive, and video products; to cross-platform desktop applications; to web applications that stretch the limits of HTML 5 in modern browsers. Chances are if you have watched TV or a film in the past week, something you watched was created using an EditShare product.
The spirit at EditShare is that of a high-tech start-up challenging the traditional players in the industry. We believe that one of the best things about EditShare is the people you get to work with. Our rockstar team are a diverse, inclusive group of professionals who work collaboratively. Our development teams are small meaning that everyone’s contribution is important and everyone has a chance to work on ambitious features and demanding problems. Our employees truly care about doing a great job and delivering a high quality customer experience every day. The way our staff meets its challenges makes us what we are and is the reason why EditShare has been such a success since its founding in 2004.
EditShare is looking for full-time Software Developers and Software Development Summer Interns. We offer competitive salaries and a full suite of benefits as well as a well-placed offices globally..