Positions currently available:
Technical Support Specialist
Location: Basingstoke (UK)
EditShare makes Linux and Windows-based servers for multimedia production and our customers vary widely within the TV, film, and broadcast industries. We are seeking a talented, clever, and personable Technical Support Specialist to join our team in Basingstoke. In this role, you should be comfortable talking to customers about their media production workflows as well as troubleshooting Mac, Windows and Linux systems to resolve technical problems. There will be many opportunities for you to learn more about the industry and improve your system administration skills.
Skills & RequirementsWhat skills are required for this job?
- Excellent customer service manners by phone and email
- Ability to independently manage and resolve multiple customer cases but also know when to engage other resources for help
- Strong, logical troubleshooting skills
- Substantial experience with Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows systems
- Competency at TCP/IP networking and NAS (SMB, AFP, NFS)
- Linux system administration experience or strong desire to learn
- Competency at multimedia production software (from Avid, Apple, Adobe, and similar)
- Knowledge of professional video and audio concepts (digital video and audio codecs, SDI, AES, timecode, machine control, broadcast automation)
- Experience with MySQL or similar databases
- Experience doing on-site professional services, deployment of new equipment, or presenting end user training (occasional travel may be available)
- Competency at writing or reading shell scripts, Perl, Python, SQL queries, or similar
- Experience administering Active Directory and LDAP
- Experience with LTO archive systems
EditShare is a leading developer of networked shared storage and tapeless end-to-end workflow solutions for the television and film industry. Our products include video capture and playout servers, high-performance central shared storage, archiving and backup software, database-backed media asset management, and even the world's first 3-platform (Windows/OS X/Linux) professional non-linear video editing application.
EditShare was founded in Boston in 2004. The principals all came from television and film production themselves and started the company with the idea that serious workflow improvements were needed in the industry. Today, EditShare has nearly 3500 customers worldwide, ranging from major broadcasters such as ION Networks in the USA and ITV in the UK; to high-end production companies such as PS 260, Atlas Media, and Sharp Entertainment in New York; and to the Oprah Winfrey Channel and Carson Daly in Los Angeles. We have installations at over 500 colleges and universities around the world. We are at cable television stations and corporate video departments large and small.
The spirit at EditShare is very much that of a rising technology powerhouse challenging the traditional players in the industry. We produce 5 product lines with a relatively modest number of developers. Everybody's opinion is valued and counts here. There are unlimited opportunities to have your good ideas incorporated into our products. Our release cycle is measured in months, not years.