Positions currently available:
Territory Sales Manager
Location: China, initially working from home
Dependent on Experience
Working as part of a team, this role entails carrying out a wide range of sales activities in order to grow the business in China for EditShare’s Video and Broadcast IT related products (see more about EditShare at www.editshare.com).
As a key representative of EditShare in APAC, you will be expected to have a strong physical presence at trade shows and industry events, as well as face to face meetings with customers and channel partners, managing sales from early lead stages through to project completion. An important part of the role will be to develop and maintain strong relationships with key accounts in that region.
Duties will include:
- Preparing, developing, scheduling & executing a sales action plan in conjunction with management
- Prospecting and 'cold calling' to generate EditShare leads
- Developing and maintaining customers already on the pipeline through relationship and networking visits
- Working directly with channel partners, in person, to assist in closing sales
- Developing existing relationships with channel partners and assisting them in expanding their EditShare business
- Developing the sales channel by seeking out new partners (resellers or system integrators) where existing partners are weak
- Identifying a list of strategic accounts and setting out a plan to reach out to all levels of the organisations
- Providing leadership to the China based EditShare team
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years sales experience in a relevant media technology sector
- Persuasive communicator with excellent presentation skills
- A passion to provide clients with a high level of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure, tolerate stress yet maintain a high level of work quality, integrity & qualified communication - both internal and externally
- Proven record of achieving sales targets and meeting company goals
- High level negotiation skills combined with resiliency and tenacity
- Well versed in MS Office & at least one CRM
Candidate must be willing to travel around the region and operate independently. Being multi-lingual in English & Mandarin is a prerequisite. Other dialects are a bonus.
EditShare is a leading developer of networked shared storage and tapeless end-to-end workflow solutions for the television and film industry. Our products include video capture and playout servers, high-performance central shared storage, archiving and backup software, database-backed media asset management, and even the world's first 3-platform (Windows/OS X/Linux) professional non-linear video editing application.
EditShare was founded in Boston in 2004. The principals all came from television and film production themselves and started the company with the idea that serious workflow improvements were needed in the industry. Today, EditShare has nearly 3500 customers worldwide, ranging from major broadcasters such as ION Networks in the USA and ITV in the UK; to high-end production companies such as PS 260, Atlas Media, and Sharp Entertainment in New York; and to the Oprah Winfrey Channel and Carson Daly in Los Angeles. We have installations at over 500 colleges and universities around the world. We are at cable television stations and corporate video departments large and small.
The spirit at EditShare is very much that of a rising technology powerhouse challenging the traditional players in the industry. We produce 5 product lines with a relatively modest number of developers. Everybody's opinion is valued and counts here. There are unlimited opportunities to have your good ideas incorporated into our products. Our release cycle is measured in months, not years.